Spot the physical signs of readiness:
• Is your child around the age of 2?
• Can they climb the stairs to the bathroom, take their trousers down?
• If your child is ill it is a good idea to delay potty training until they are better and able to focus on the task
• Can they follow simple instructions e.g. can you wash your hands?
• Can they make simple requests? (Ask for a drink)
• Do they show signs that they know they are doing a wee or a poo in their nappy? (Look out for the potty dance)
A stable environment makes it easier for you and your child to focus on the task. Look out for events that would make potty training more difficult…
• Starting school or nursery.
• Moving house.
• Baby expected, or arrived.
• Divorce or separation
Are you ready too?