A healthy diet is important and at no time is this more important than in childhood. This is when the most vital stages of growth and development happen for human beings. It is crucial that this stage of life is supported by a healthy diet and a good level of nutrition to give the child the best start in life which they can benefit from throughout their adult life.
Whether you’re a parent or pursuing a career in child nutrition, this course offers all the information you need to give guidance on healthy eating habits.
- Feed your kids in the knowledge that what you are giving them is ideal for their growth and development.
- Improve the eating habits of your kids.
- Post module assessments to help you track your development and back up the knowledge.
- Build nutrition habits in your kids so they can understand what’s good for them from an early age.
- Utilise the knowledge in this course for personal or professional gain as part of a career in childcare.
Key Learning Points:
- What is Nutrition?
- Brief Overview of Nutrition History
- Overview of the Nutrition Process
- Essential Nutrients & Macronutrients
- Vitamins, Fatty Acids and Minerals
- The Western Diet
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Immune System and Nutrition
- Attention Deficit Disorder with and without Hyperactivity
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Functional Foods